problem finder-solver design researcher-maker 🦄
I’m a design researcher, UX designer and educator. I love the way people create meaning through interactions with interfaces 🌟
I identify problems and
try tosolve them through Design
It all started here
Since 2006, I’ve worked as a web and graphic designer, developing layouts for digital media and creating better solutions for people and brands. At that time, there was no term for “UX design”. We were called “web designers” – or sometimes “just” designers. All I can say is that I always worked with digital design. I’ve worked for several companies in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) during my career, including the 2 largest newspapers Jornal do Brasil and O GLOBO, the e-learning portal Escola24Horas and the tech company ADD Technologies.
In 2017, I’ve finished my PhD, researching the role of the design of advergames in cross-cultural consumer behaviour. I’ve created a framework to help designers create advergames that can be used across cultures. You can follow my academic publications if you want to know more!
Currently I am a researcher and educator, teaching and researching many aspects of games, HCI, cultural studies, virtual reality (VR) / augmented reality (AR) / extended reality (XR) and sustainability. I am interested in creative computing systems, nature and value sensitive design.
Some academic stuff
- PGCAP (2020)
- Fellow of the High Education Academy (HEA) (2019)
- PhD in Design from the University of Southampton, UK (2017)
- MBA in Marketing from UFF, Brazil (2008)
- BA in Design from PUC-Rio, Brazil (2006)
- Serious Games Society (2021 – current)
- Women in Games Ambassador (2019 – current)
- UKIE EDI group member (2020 – current)
Research and extra links
Interesting things that happened in 2019…
- I was a guest speaker at the Graphica 2019 conference
- I was social media chair of CHIPlay 2019
- I’ve coordinated a track at the ADIM2019 conference and helped to organise their communication strategies
- Panelist at PG Connects Digital NEXT & Beyond Games
“The only important thing about design is how it relates to people.”Victor Papanek